This recipe was shared with me by a client (thanks, Kathryn!) – it was a perfect quick, easy and SUPER delicious weeknight dinner!
As always, I made a few notes and variations – I added a few pinches of cayenne pepper for a little kick and added a handful of some fresh basil. We also used brown rice instead of rice and used our rice cooker instead of instant rice.
Next time I plan on throwing in some pineapple and a variety of vegetables; snow peas, red peppers and mushrooms all come to mind!
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with curry, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and tomato; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve with rice.
Yield: 4 servings.