Sara, native to Richmond, Virginia, is certified in therapeutic massage and practices sports and clinical rehabilitative massage. After over 15 years in the healthcare industry, Sara made the decision to leave the medical field and learn non-invasive techniques for injury rehab, pain management and therapeutic massage. She completed her basic massage therapy training in Richmond, VA and received further training in the areas of sports performance and injury rehabilitation. She discovered a passion for helping physically active individuals get back to the activity of choice. Whether side-lined due to injury or other reasons, Sara assists the athlete at all levels (elite athlete to the recreational enthusiast) to get back on the field, on the court, in the saddle or on the course since 2005. Sessions (30, 60, 90 or 120 min) are offered and incorporate a wide variety of techniques.Sessions may be problem focused, particularly in the case of injury rehab or for specific performance improvement goals or generalized overall therapy for maintaining an achieved base line.
Event On-site Clinical Sports Massage Therapy & Crew Experience
UCI World Cycling Championships, Richmond, VA September 2015
- USA Women’s Team -Pepper Palace Pro Cycling Team
Race Across America: Oceanside, CA to Annapolis, MD
- ‘09 Crew Captain & Therapist, Bill Bradley, solo
- ‘10 Crew Captain & Therapist, Michele Santilhano, solo
- ’11 Crew Captain & Therapist, Georgia Chain Chix, 2-person team
- ’13 Crew Captain & Therapist, Team Crank It Up, 4-person mixed
- ’15 Crew Captain & Therapist, RAAM4Ryan, Frank Fumich, solo
RAO Cycling Events: Hill Country 600, San Antonio, Texas
- ‘10 Crew Captain & Therapist, Chris Malloy, solo
Adventure Corps Furnace Creek 508: Santa Clarita, California
- ‘13 Crew Captain & Therapist, Team Super Tabby, 2-person female
Race Across the West: Oceanside, CA to Durango, CO
- ‘14 Crew Captain & Therapist, Michael Svihura, solo
Adventure Corps Badwater 135 UltraMarathon
- July, ‘09, Therapist, Bill Bradley, solo
- July, ‘10, Crew Captain & Therapist, Bill Bradley, solo
199-mile Run w/Golden Gate Swim
- April, ‘10, Crew Captain & Therapist, Bill Bradley, solo
USA UltraTRI 2x, 3x, 5x Anvil Triathlon
Lake Anna State Park, Virginia, USA
- Oct., ‘08-’14 Event Therapist
Davenport Professional Squash Tournament (PSA)
Richmond, Virginia, USA
- Jan., ‘07—Feb., ‘08 Event Therapist
Merritt Properties Open (PSA)
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Oct., ‘08, Event Therapist
North American Open Professional Squash Tournament (PSA Sanctioned)
Richmond, Virginia USA
- Feb., ‘09-’14 Event Therapist
Session Length & Rate
Crew Services for Ultra Endurance Athletes – for information regarding on-site, 1+ day event therapist and/or crew services, please contact Sara directly for availability and pricing.
30 Minute Massage – $45
60 Minute Massage – $75
90 Minute Massage – $110
120 Minute Massage – $150
60 Minute Lymphatic Drainage Massage – $75
60 Minute Myofascial Release – $75
30 Minute Stretch Session – $45
60 Minute Stretch Session – $75
Discount packages may be available to clients who wish to schedule at a minimum once every four weeks. Strict enforcement of cancellation/missed appointment/no show policy and expiration dates will apply.
For information regarding on-site, 1+ day event therapist and/or crew services, please contact Sara directly.
Mondays 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Thursdays 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sunday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.